Friday, October 24, 2008

Genealogy, I Am Doing It...

On our way to Jackson, Wyoming, we stopped at the cemetery in Hyrum, Utah, to photograph my ancestors' graves. I figured that I should stop by while I'm still in this part of the country. Hyrum was a pretty little town, and the leaves were all yellow and orange. It looked nice and warm outside, but there was a bitter, freezing wind.

Clara meeting her great-great-grandparents, Ezra Lorenzo Liljenquist and Mary Malinda Wilcox.


Clara got up close and personal with her ancestors.


The grave of my great-great grandfather, Ola Nilsson Liljenquist. I actually think I found an original grave, and this was built later. He was the first mayor of Hyrum and one of the last traveling patriarchs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clara is so cute on the graves, and you totally look like Ashley in the one with Ola's grave! The trip to Jackson looks really fun. Love you and see you next week!