Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My First Quilt

I've been wanting to make Clara a twin-sized quilt for when she moves into a twin bed, which will be soon. I got fabric a few weeks ago and thought maybe I could get the top done by Christmas, and take it to my mother-in-law to quilt. But then my in-laws came last week, and we finished the top! I love it! I have a wonderful mother-in-law and I had so much fun making it. She's going to make a blanket from the scraps for Clara's baby, too. (The back of the quilt will be a blue similar to the shade that's behind the fruit)




Clara loved it and promptly brought out her tea party set to celebrate. Even better, it matched her band-aid!

9 comments:

McArthur Family said...

It looks great! I'm excited to see it in person.

Rachel said...

Way to go on the quilt...that's such a neat project...I really like that fruit material too...super cute.

Phillip and Mary said...

Way to go Kristen! That is adorable!

Kathryn said...

So cute! I'm glad Lois has one DIL who will sew with her....

Josien said...

That's beautifull Kristen! I have a mother in law who also does a great job at sewing projects, to bad I haven't finished anything since Jared was born.. She helped me with the curtains and more stuff in Jareds bedroom. I love the fabric you used too, it's really cute!

Melanie said...

Cute quilt. Can't wait to see it all done. Way to go!

Mauri said...

It looks so cute. I want to see it in person. Did Clara get hurt on purpose in order to match the quilt?

Unknown said...

That's darling Kristen! Way to go.

Cody said...

It's so cute! You're an inspiration to all us well intentioned mothers out there to finally get to some of those projects we've been meaning to do.