Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life

Well, it's been a while, but we're back. Spring is finally here, which has been wonderful. Jason has finished gross anatomy and has just started neuro anatomy, which he really enjoys. This week we will have been married for 5 years! I can't believe it. And also next week is Clara's birthday. She's excited to get a cake and pick out candles and balloons. Actually, I think I'm more excited than she is.

Today is the one-year anniversary of when my sister Angela passed away. I miss her every day and am so grateful she's my sister. I'm so grateful for the Atonement and Resurrection of the Savior and for the sealing power in the temple. I know that we'll always be a family and that we'll see her again.


Clara doesn't take naps in her bed, but she'll take naps in the car or on the couch pretty often. Lately she's taken to sleeping on the floor in the living room with a pillow over her head. Sounds comfy!


After she woke up she wanted me to take her picture again, but it didn't quite look the same...
Her hair has gotten so light and long! I love her cute pigtails. My dad came to visit for a couple days and brought a Donald Duck doll that sings. And when you pick it up by its ears it yells, "Put me down! Put me down!" My dad thought it was quite funny and got one for all his grandkids.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

I didn't know today was the day your sister passed away. I hope and pray that you're doing well. Your faith is inspiring. I am grateful for your friendship and example. It was fun to see you guys again tonight. I hope Clara's birthday is wonderful!!

Kelli said...

Oh and I can't believe how Clara has grown! What a beautiful sweetheart.

McArthur Family said...

It was glorious to spend the weekend with you. I love how faithful you are to Christ's Gospel plan and your humble spirit. Your sister must be so happy you are living your life in accordance with His plan. You are an example to us all!

Melanie said...

You are an amazing woman. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose a sister. And I have to agree, I love Clara's pigtails too. :)

Madison Benson said...

what a cutie! ! !
we've been thinking about you guys during this hard week! i'm so grateful that you are all sealed, too.

Josien said...

Love the pictures Kristen, thanks for updating! we've been thinking about Angela and your family so often the last month. how gratefull I am for the knowledge the gospel gives us!
I hope Clara will have a great b-day, i will try to post pics of Jareds b-day; he looked awfull, had 'waterpokken' not sure in englisch; some sort of 'pocs'???!
love you!

Courtney said...

I love the second nap picture - too funny! Clara is SO stinkin cute!