Savannah Jean was born October 11 at 8:02am. She weighed 7lb 6oz and was 19 inches long. She had been breech for a while, so she was born by a scheduled cesarean section. She is so tiny and has a sweet, happy temperament. It's so wonderful to have her in our family.
My labor with Clara was so long, so this was a welcome change, to be able to hold and get to know Savannah right after she was born. We gave her the middle name Jean, after my sister Angela Jean who passed away last year.


Clara wore her new "Big Sister" shirt to the hospital and is so thrilled that "Baby Savannah" is here. Clara always wants to kiss, hug and "check on" her. I'm glad she's here a week before her due date, too!


I couldn't get this picture to turn, but I think it's so sweet.

17 comments:
You should have named her Mary Poppins because she's practically perfect in every way. :) Savannah Jean is an adorable name and she is beautiful! Congratulations!! I hope you are recovering well.
How exciting! Savannah is just beautiful. I hope you are feeling well and that this recovery is easier than your last...even with the c-section!
And Clara looks like such a great big sister!
She's beautiful and her name is beautiful! Congratulations!
Oh she's just so tiny and adorable. Congratulations.
Congratulations!! She's so very beautiful. Hope your recovery is going well. We cannot wait to meet her!!
What a doll! We send our love and congratulations!
Steve & Dorothy
Oh my goodness, I didn't know you had a c-section. Are you feeling ok? I'm sure it's quite the recovery process. Wish I was there to bring you meals and let Clara come play at our house all day so you could just rest. (well, as much rest as one can get with a newborn). I love her name and I love you! Miss ya.
Yay! We're so excited for you guys! She's just beautiful. How fun for Clara to be a big sister. :)
I was on the computer and Jared asked me to go see if Clara's sister was 'on there' so we checked your blog and; there she was!! She's beautiful! And Clara looks like a very proud big sister :) hope your recovery will go well and you will all be able to enjoy getting to know this brand new family member!
She is absolutely adorable Kristen! She looks perfect and incredibly cute! Congratulations from me and Lukas.. Goodluck on the further recovery! Big hug,
Maaike
ADORABLE!! Congrats!
Congrats! She is so cute and I'm sure Clara will be a wonderful big sister.
Yeah!!!! Congratulations! I'm so so happy for all four of you! She is beautiful:)
She's soooo cute! I didn't know you had a blog. Congrats and hope you're doing well! We can't wait to meet Savannah.
She is beautiful! Congrats!! I love her name as well! So happy for you!!
Congratulations! She's precious! That's fun that Clara has a sister!
Congratulations! Now you have two beautiful daughters (just like us!) Hey, send me your address so we can send you a Christmas card. Here's my e-mail: micahgray33@yahoo.com
Post a Comment