Thursday, July 14, 2011

Helen, Georgia

When we visited my family, we took a little side trip to Helen, GA, with my sister and her family. We went tubing on the Chattahoochee River, went down water slides and hiked to the beautiful Ana Ruby Falls.



Savannah and I sat by the river and waited for the others to finish coming down the river. She just sat happily on the picnic table and watched the river and the cars going by.


We rented a cabin out of town, which had a hot tub on the deck. It wasn't very hot, and Clara and her cousins Sarah and Tate had a good time playing in it. At night we could see lots of stars and fire flies. We had two close-calls: Jason was on a rope swing and almost really injured his leg; and when Jason was taking down the baby's pack-and-play crib he found a little black scorpion that had either been under the crib or somewhere in it. Yikes. We were so grateful it didn't get anywhere near the baby. It was a good trip.

2 comments:

Josien said...

I love the pictures Kristen, thanks for posting! I remember us all 'hiding' somewhere in Georgia for huricane Floyd :) It was a gorgious site, where you anywhere near that place?

Lindsey Bell said...

What a fun trip! I love that picture of Sarah and Clara, it is so cute. You guys are such a cute family