Friday, August 29, 2014

Tidbits of June/July

Here's what we've been up to lately.

In June we visited my parents; a few years ago my dad bought these green play guns that make noise and light up when you shoot them, and Savannah got the biggest kick out of them. She would place her feet, put up her gun and let out a loud, blood curdling Rebel-yell. It was hilarious. I have a video of it, but it wouldn't load.


 We did the summer reading program and got did lots of reading. Savannah has started reading a little of the Dick and Jane books.



Sometimes Caroline will grab a spare roll of toilet paper and carry it out the house, clutched to her chest. It doesn't always stay rolled up.



Savannah likes to raid my closet and have us present her at fashion shows.


One afternoon we were describing the Olympics to the girls: the events, medal ceremonies, national anthems, etc. So we spontaneously had our own Olympics. We did a few little events, made our flags and chose our national anthems. Clara's was "Footloose," Savannah's was "Yellow Submarine," Jason's was "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I never won first place, so I don't think I even picked a song. We all had to sing the song of the winning person. It was pretty funny.




No comments: