Jason made a wonderful home-made cake with the Spanish flag on top. He was proud of himself.
The second week we were there, we rented a beach house so the whole family could stay together. We invited lots of people over and had a group Shag dance lesson (the Shag is the state dance of South Carolina--kind of like swing). We moved all the furniture back and danced in the living room. We also got some of the weather from Hurricane Fay, which was a bummer, but we got swim in some huge waves!
On the last night at the beach house we left the babies at home and went on a ghost tour at Atalaya Castle, where we listened to stories about the Lowcountry. I love all the legends and lore about that part of the country. Doing that tour made me want to read more books about the people that lived there and books set there; I want to read southern authors Pat Conroy and Josephine Humphrey.
Clara loved her cousin Tate and would say, "T-t-t" when she would see him. Sarah was sweet to Clara, too. Clara still wonders where Tate and Sarah are.


It was wonderful to be with my whole family again. With everyone living all over the world, it was special to have everyone together.
7 comments:
Yea!! What a cute background! I'm glad you were able to figure things out. Now that it's all set up it should be pretty easy to maintain. I'm glad you went with the blog. Facebook is alright but I think it's easier to see what your friends are doing with a blog.
I love your east coast pictures!
It is fun to see your pictures. Everyone looks so good. I like your background too. Happy Blogging....
Kristen! I love your site. Looks great! It will be fun to be able to "catch up" with you again! :) Thanks for sending me the link.
We like your blog. It's nice to see that you are well. Holly and I have a blog as well. Check it out at http://micahandholly2005.blogspot.com/
How cute! I love your blog! Clara is getting so big. Those stormy ocean pictures are amazing...
Dear Kristen, Thanks so much for sending me the link to this fantastic Meeker-family-Blog!! I'm ashamed I don't keep in touch enough but I heard from Josien she had a wonderfull time with you when they visited!.. I loved seeing the pic's of the whole family and Ashley's homecoming, thanks again for sending and: GOOD JOB! (I couln't do it! figure out how to create such a blog!)
Oh, when you read this, do you think you could find me Ashleys postaddress (dont know where she's staying right now!).. thanks!
Love, maaike : ))
p.s. mmvanandel@gmail.com 's my new emailadress!
Very fun, Kristen! I like your blog! I hope you're having a great time in WA. Love you!
Post a Comment