Friday, October 24, 2008

Land of the Cowboys

We went to Jackson, Wyoming, for a couple days this week. We saw an interesting thing on the way there. As we passed a farm house Jason noticed a huge forklift outside the house. Hanging from it were two cows, skinned, halved and drying in the sun. Blech. Needless to say, we didn't take a picture, although we did turn around so I could see it.

On the way home we drove through the smallest town I've ever seen: Big Piney, Wyoming, with a population of 408. We also drove through the hometown of J.C. Penny. Apparently it didn't give the town much of a boost.

It sure was late fall in Jackson. There weren't many leaves on the trees and it was pretty cold. The leaves in Logan Canyon were beautiful colors of yellow and red. We were glad to see the leaves before the winter.

Although she managed to pose for the picture, Clara was a little scared of the antler arch in Jackson.
Inside Teton National Park.
Jackson Lake. Clara enjoyed wearing her hat and her new mittens in the cold.
In an old campsite we saw about 8 moose,--6 males, 2 females. We heard them talking to each other, too, which was cool.
There's a moose to the left of Jason.

We also saw lots of bison, and saw two of them playing/fighting about 2o feet from the car.



We saw some beavers and muskrats at this river.
We also saw some pronghorn antelope, which I've never seen.

4 comments:

Lindsey Bell said...

How fun that you guys get to travel so much! Your pictures are so cute. Clara is getting so big, I can't believe it! I hope to see you guys soon!

Jake n' Chanté said...

Kristen!!! My favorite thing about blogs is the people that you find. I can't believe that you have a 1 year old. Marissa's little girl is getting big too. Wow! It looks like you two are enjoying life!! It's fun to look at all of the pictures!
~Chanté

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

That's fun you guys went on a trip! I can't believe you saw that many moose! I like your blog!

Meet the Muskalla's said...

You do so much...I need to catch up. Hopefully we'll get to travel and go out and do more when Caiden gets older! Love your pix! Such a beautiful family!