
Last night we saw The Nutcracker performed by Ballet West. The ballet is based on the book called "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King," written by E.T.A. Hoffman. Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky was commissioned to write the music for the ballet in 1891. The first showing of the ballet was in 1892 in Russia and this production made it's way to Western Europe in the 1930s and to America by 1940. The first full length, American Nutcracker was performed by the San Francisco Ballet.
The performance was great, and the Capitol Theater is a beautiful, old-style theater, which added to the atmosphere. I haven't seen a ballet or heard a live orchestra in a while, and this didn't disappoint. It was so fun to see The Nutcracker and feel the magic of ballet, the costumes, the set, and the beautiful music.
1 comment:
Yeah! I'm so glad you all got to go see that. I have the most beautiful memories of watching it the Christmas we were in Humanities 101, and I can't wait to go again!
Post a Comment