Monday, April 27, 2009

Angela


My sweet older sister Angela passed away on Saturday as a result of cancer. Angela was diagnosed with melanoma in 1999, which has gotten worse over the past few years. My whole family was with her and it was a tender and sweet experience.
Angela was always the sweetest older sister to me. She'd let me follow her around the house, made up dance routines for me and my friends, introduced me to the Beatles. She wrote me lots of letters on her mission, we shared a car during my freshman year at BYU, and went to several Salt Lake City Olympic events together.
Most of all, Angela was an incredible example to me of kindness, graciousness and love. She had a testimony of her Savior Jesus Christ and his Resurrection. She loved the temple and loved the Gospel of Jesus Christ and helped me to gain my testimony. I'm grateful we'll be sisters forever.
Here are the funeral arrangements:
Myrtle Beach, SC: Viewing at McMillan-Small Funeral Home from 6-8 pm on Monday, April 27. Funeral service: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, April 28.
Salt Lake City Utah: Viewing at Larkin Sunset Lawn Mortuary (2350 E 1300 S) from 6-8 pm on Friday, May 1. Funeral service at the LDS Church building (2795 Crestview Dr, SLC) at 12:00 noon on Saturday, May 2. Angela will be laid to rest in the Salt Lake City Cemetery.

4 comments:

Meet the Muskalla's said...

Angela was such a beautiful and kind woman! She left a huge impression on me as a kid and I'm sure everyone that has ever met her thinks the same! My heart is at peace knowing she is with the angels! Prayers go out to you and your family! I love you!

Josien said...

I can't say how my heart hurts for Angela's loss Kristen. We pray for comfort for you all and to be blessed with love. Angela will be missed sooo much. She wrote me letters during her mission and they always came right at the moment I needed her spiritual boost! She was such a loving person. I hope you will all have a wonderfull service and that you all will get the strength you need. Love you and know that you all are in our prayers!

Geoff and MinDee said...

I love the way you put her amazing life and example in words. You are also an amazing person and I am so thankful to have grown up with you and your family!
My prayers and thoughts will be with you at this time! It is wonderful to know that you and all our sisters will be together forever!
Love you lots!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's got to be hard on you and all your family to lose her so young.