Angela passed away three years ago, today. It seems like yesterday and decades ago at the same time. She was such a wonderful big sister. She always let me follow her and her friends around the house, we'd count the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling in her room, and go to aerobics class out at BYU. We were both out there for my freshman year, which was such a blast. We shared a car, and got to see a lot of each other as she showed me the ropes. Angela always treated me like I was her best friend.
As I'm sitting here remembering her, I can't articulate all the ways that I remember her and miss her. Clara knows that full moons and tulips remind me of Angela, and Clara always reminds me whenever there is a full moon, "Remember who that makes you think of?" I love that Clara knows about Angela in little ways. I miss Paul, too, and am grateful that he came to Savannah's blessing, Ashley's wedding, and comes to visit when he can. He took such tender care of her, which I'll always remember.
Angela loved Ewan McGregor, Rob Thomas, Fox Mulder, Frasier, pedicures, stars, the moon, sunsets, London, and traveling. I love being reminded of her in numerous little ways everyday. I read this quote from a book I didn't like, but this stuck with me, "Everything deserves to be remembered. If I dream about them, I'm thankful afterward. Even if it hurts. Because it hurts." It's wonderful to remember, and sometimes it hurts. But I want to remember. .
2 comments:
What a marvelous tribute. She remembers you, too.
I remember the one time I met Angela at your parents' condo in Salt Lake, and she was watching the kids play and thinking about how she wouldn't get a chance to have kids in this life. I didn't know her well enough to say much, but I looked at her face--she was just sort of naturally glowing--and I thought, Woman, you are the mother of thousands of millions.
I'm glad I have the right connections and will get to know her better myself, when the time comes.
We're thinking about all of your family and love you and pray for you.
Beautifully put, Kristen. I wish I could have met Angela, too. I bet you two are a lot alike.
Post a Comment